Does anyone speak English?

nieposegregowane, z dawnych lat, bez opcji zakładania nowych

Moderator: adameo2

Awatar użytkownika
bubski
-#Junior
-#Junior

Post autor: bubski »

I'm just a spectator on this forum, but good luck !!
That's a wicked idea, but you shouldn't waste that space for a bed, better take a spare engine or two :grinser :smiech

What are you gonna use for two stroke oil ? Are you taking the whole supply with you ?
I hope Mixol comes in 55 gallon drums :P
Привет!
Awatar użytkownika
SyrenaSquad
Kontakt:

Post autor: SyrenaSquad »

The bed is just a raised platform; underneath is space for the two extra 40litre fuel tanks, a few spare wheels, food, water, lots of spare parts and, if Im right, space for 50 litres of mixoil ;) That's why I've been asking for help - think how much 50 litres of mixoil costs!
Awatar użytkownika
SyrenaSquad
Kontakt:

Im leaving Warsaw for Prague, to meet the first Checkpoint of the rally. Then from there: Slovakia-Hungary-Romania-Moldova-Ukraine-Russia-Kazakhstan-Uzbekistan-Kyrgystan-Kazakhstan-Russia-Mongolia

That is, of course, if the car survives. The rally only has a 38% success rate.
Awatar użytkownika
batagur
-#Youngtimer
-#Youngtimer

Post autor: batagur »

oh siet :P . its very brave and interesting idea!! I can't think about it. Maybe i must dreaming... :ok3 :ok3 :ok3 :ok3
Awatar użytkownika
SyrenaSquad
Kontakt:

Thank you all for your kind wishes of luck. What I NEED to know is the Syrena's weak points. "Przegub" (CV joints) were mentioned. The suspension looks very good, and I have worked on this before (with Series 1 Land Rovers; very similar) - what about the engine? Does it over-heat often? Valves, gaskets, carburretor; what should I look for?
Awatar użytkownika
Wojt
-#Weteran
-#Weteran

Post autor: Wojt »

SyrenaSquad pisze:Valves, gaskets, carburretor; what should I look for?
Valves ??? In 2 stroke motor ??? :grinser Syrena dont have valves in engine :ok3. Change head gasket and take a few head gaskets to Mongolia. Carburrator is good, only clean and tune. You must take disconectors, spark plugs, coils and condensers. Gearbox is good, but take semi-axes and CVjoints and brake jaws.
...no i poszedł biedaczysko, po szerokim szukać świecie czegoś, co jest bardzo blisko.
Awatar użytkownika
Hennos
-#Junior
-#Junior
Kontakt:

Post autor: Hennos »

Syrena doesn't have valves in engine - uważajcie na błędy :-)

Zamieszczam link do opowiadania kolesi, którzy pojechali do Mongolii 19 letnia Ładą 2105 (dojechali):
Mongołada
Pzdr, Hennos
Awatar użytkownika
SyrenaSquad
Kontakt:

I was thinking of reed valves for the fuel supply, but the syrena has no exhaust valves?

And thank you for the "Mongolada" - it will take me a while to read it!

You can see the Syrena Squad in this month's "Classic Auto", strona 67.
Awatar użytkownika
Sikor
-#Weteran
-#Weteran
Kontakt:

Post autor: Sikor »

Syrena has any valves in engine.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Two_stroke_engine
Trzy cylindry, dwa takty, jeden samochód!
Dwa suwy w miniaturzef
Awatar użytkownika
Hennos
-#Junior
-#Junior
Kontakt:

Post autor: Hennos »

Syrena doesn't have any valves in engine - this is a two stroke engine.
"Mongołada" - The story of guys, who rode to Mongolia (from Poland).
Their car was old but brave :-D

Kurcze, uważajcie na błędy, bo gość będzie miał mętlik w głowie :-)
Pzdr, Hennos
Awatar użytkownika
Franki
-#Youngtimer
-#Youngtimer
Kontakt:

Post autor: Franki »

Very brave idea!!! Congratulations!!! I wish very very luck, cause if You will warrive with her even with some help on road than that car will be very fomus so I think :)
If you will be around Częstochowa (somehow) call me, I will help if I only could... sending my phone number via PM
Maybe some stupid, but if car is in good condition will give you much fun :)
Don't worry about overheat of engine it could be for a few minutes but do not drive on gear from hills and let gas it will cool down engine (some). Don't worry about some voices like mouse or rat :P So knocks if they do appear rarely aren't dangerous (most) and be sure her breakes. I believe there will be much people that will help you If it will be need :)
Very Very Good Luck!!!
P.S. Sorry for my technical Engilsh but I hope that interested will understand my :)
bende-niebende-bende-bende-niebende-bende
-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -
Awatar użytkownika
SyrenaSquad
Kontakt:

Ok, Ive only worked on "reed valve" two-strokes before, so the Syrena is a much easier "piston port" so I won't have to worry about 78-octane fuel.

Now I need to buy/find all these parts! I anyone is in the area of Warsaw (maybe 100km away) I can drive, collect and pay for any spare parts.
Awatar użytkownika
bubski
-#Junior
-#Junior

Post autor: bubski »

From what I've seen, S31 engine will run on all kinds of crazy mixes, even 20% diesel fuel. It was actually designed for the 78 octane so you should be ok with whatever they have in Russia and Kazachstan.

There's a trick to the cooling system if your radiator is very old.
Basically put a small piece of metal (like a wire or something) under the radiator cap to prevent the cooling system from reaching dangerous pressures. You can mix up to 50% green coolant fluid to raise the boiling point. You will be loosing a little bit of coolant due to evaporation but it should never blow out your radiator.
If you can get one cheap, bring a spare. Oh yeah make sure it fits your car, there has been some small changes during the production. I think the rubber pipes are slightly diferent.

That would kick ass mucho grande if you'd make it to Mongolia !!! :faja
:devil3 :devil3 :devil3 :devil3 :devil3 :devil3 :devil3
Привет!
Awatar użytkownika
SyrenaSquad
Kontakt:

20% diesel? Is that for some cheap-and-quick two-stroke oil replacement? I'd expect some serious damage after that.

Maybe these engines are more robust than I thought. From the advice in the other threads, It seems the Achilles Heel is the drive train (from the gearbox to the wheels) rather than the engine itself, which is a good sign.
Awatar użytkownika
Franki
-#Youngtimer
-#Youngtimer
Kontakt:

Post autor: Franki »

I've heard that engine could work at 50% diesel and standard gas :P BUT I've never try this as I supose it will be much more smoke that usually but it should drive... engige could haver less power but it should work... It shouldn't be bad for engine much even it is overclocked somekind that I wouldn't prefer to take fuels like that...
I've heard too that Skoda cars drive very differently with russian/ukrainian fules so I think that Syrena could show some different power that usually :P
bende-niebende-bende-bende-niebende-bende
-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -
ODPOWIEDZ